Quilting Retreat at And Sew It Began

Fantastic retreat center in La Porte, TX.   A short 50 minute drive from one side of Houston to the other side for me!   And a step back in time.   Check out Rhonda's retreat center and quilt shop HERE.  And Sew It Began is the name of the retreat, Pieceful Stitches is the name of her Quilt Shop a few steps from the retreat center's door.

I was invited last minute to attend a 3 night retreat not far from my home.   I knew some of the ladies from guild but had never had an opportunity to spend any time with them.  It's a really hectic time right now, I've had health issues, thunderstorm issues, dog health issues, software issues on my computerized machine that set me back a few day (if you are standing over that running examples and trying this and trying that - neither machine is making any progress on your quilt)... you have heard it all before.  Life, that's what that is.   Living!  We are not machines, there is only so much we can accomplish each day and sometimes life interferes and we accomplish nothing on the longarm.  Meanwhile my own projects and household needs are neglected trying to play the catch up game on the longarm.   Even though I do have my retreat that has been scheduled for the past year coming up very soon... I jumped on the opportunity for a long weekend of sewing.   I'm so glad I did go!

One side of dining room, a guest room that sleeps 4 is beyond the doorway.  Ground floor, walk in shower.
 
Per her website, this was a screened in porch that has been enclosed and set up as a sleeping area if needed.   No privacy and a walkway to exit the house but hey - if needed it's there and it sure looks cute too.


Extra seating in dining room

living aea

stairs, narrow.   Not a problem for me, but could be for some.  3 group bedrooms are upstairs

My room!   30's room

Bathroom in each bedroom unit

Red Room

Civil War Room

Retreat center just a few steps from the back door of the house
Rhonda showed us her quilt she finised the binding on.  Several ladies bought that Owl pattern at her shop.

 
6 interior petals are sewn together!   Backing I picked up @ Pieceful Stitches quilt shop there on the property.

Tina made good progress on her Prismatic Star.   I made her put on the wall so I could see it all together.   I see we flipped one purple section!    Looks amazing!  made from Jelly roll strips.


Isn't that cat fabulous!   She made based on a photo of her cat.

Cross Stitch!


One on the table there packed up before I could get a photo.

 
Everyone dreaded this section on Vintage Rose.   40 pieces in each strip set!






Shower Curtain!



Unfinished raw ednges.   Hemmed and grommets added.  

Strips will be cut up for one border on my quilt.   Border fabric for this or some other quilt... Picked up @ Painted Pony quilt shop 5 mintues from retreat center


Driveway and entrance into retreat center.
to the left is the quilt shop and to the right is the house


While there, landscapers came and planted beds in one day around the new quilt shop to the left of the retreat center.   Looks fantastic!










My final color placement.

Big rocks being set up on day 2 of landscaping.   It was entirely edged with the big rock.

A quilt Paula brought to show.   Her grandmother made many years ago when she was 10, made from her clothing from when she lived in Hawaii.


\
On the Wall, Oopsy Daisy.   16 preplanned "oops" in the quilt.  How fun!



 
 
Lots of projects, lots of progress.  Some are so fast to pack up their finished project and move on the the next... that I did not even get a picture!  We are already planning the next one.  Great time with some awesome ladies and quilters.  I fully enjoyed the facilities as well.
 




Comments