Baby quilts with Texas panels

One of my oldest and dearest friends is expecting twin Grandbaby boys in what is now just a few weeks away.   She was here recently and I explained that I did not have time for piecing, but maybe we could find a cute panel that I could simply add borders to and quilt.   We went shopping at my favorite local quilt shop which happens to have a huge selection of panels.   Her 2nd panel she looked at was the one.  She looked no further on the rack.   It even came in 2 colorways  so she opted to do one of each.

 
I pieced the backing so that we could load these side by side and quilt both at the same time.  Twin quilting for the twin quilts!
 

 
Black backing
 
 
Yippee Ki Yay pantograph by Patricia Ritter, quilted with Mach3Auto Pilot, computerized quilting by Bob and me.   We are both learning the system together but ultimately, we are looking at Bob taking over the edge to edge computerized quilting.    I'm still overseeing thread tension, all starts and stops, advancing, loading but he has the full advantage of all my years of experience.   He will be a pro at this before long!
 
I had to search my photo archives.    Here's a photo of the quilt that I made for her first grandson (all grandbabies will be boys!) way back - what was it 2005?   Made from Laurel Burch scraps from the Jungle Song quilt I made for what was one of my young sons at that time!   We had curtains to match too.   Gosh I do miss those young years with the boys,  I remember quilting this on my DSM, ditched and a big X across the blocks I believe!
 
 
Happy to say that I have made quilts for all her grandchildren.   The parents are living in Mexico City so the Texas theme is very symbolic for the mom to be that grew up in Texas and pretty darn cute for little boys baby quilt too,
 

Comments

Nancy said…
A cute and quick project! Good idea with the panels. They make so many nice ones now. The CRQ guild had a panel challenge a year or so ago. Members did some really fun things with them.