Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2015 - Happy Medium

My first entry is my Bali Wedding Star quilt which I named "Happy Medium".    You can read about the event here.  This quilt will be entered in the LARGE category and measures approx. 99x99.

This was my 2nd Judy Niemeyer pattern to purchase and my 1st one to finally complete.    I'm currently working on my 4th Judy quilt right now (Paradise in Bloom)!    I really had a time crunch during the time I started this quilt and only found small windows of time to piece.   It took me almost 2.5 years to piece and finish this quilt.  During this time,  a group of us over several counties came together and created a once a month group called "What Was I Thinking" where we worked on these detailed paper piecing quilts.  These are my closest friends today!  I am happy to re-post some photos of this quilt for the festival.


Real Piped binding too!
 



 
unquilted top

Quilting in process


Setting rows together to make the top
 
I entered this in my local guild show in April and placed 3rd in it's category and also received a Viewer's Choice award!
 
Please visit and vote for your favorites!
 
AmysCreativeSide.com







Comments

Anonymous said…
Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it.
PaintedThread said…
Beautiful quilt! I love the colors and the quilting.
Valerie said…
Thank you all so much!