Friendship Sampler Quilt

I loved working on this sweet quilt.    All or most of the blocks were made for the client by her friends and then she transformed them into a spectacular quilt with fabulous borders.

 

 

 

 

 

 



 






 

Loose scalloped finished border with little buttons already attached.  I had to work a plan to get close to those but not catch my foot or the loose edges.   Happily, the fabric lended itself to a "l" and "e" design that worked perfectly.

 
The back was all pieced in rows using coordinating fabrics to the front.  I rather like the abstract look of the quilting designs randomly placed on the back.




 
 
A few of the threads I auditioned.    I used the light shades of so fine for this quilt.   If I had the same softer shades in Glide I would have tried that, but I only had the pale yellow and pale green, no pale blue.  I did rather like the darker threads and this client has chosen high contrast threads in the past but in the end she said she wanted to the blocks to be the stars so I knew the thread needed was my 1st choice, So Fine.  This thread blends so nicely and shows dimension, not thread on the quilt.   But wouldn't it be fun to have some samples of this same quilt to play with variations of thread?
 

Comments