Oriental themed Focus Pocus

This was a first for me and I think the results turned out very nicely.   A close friend of mine started quilting this for her client, meanwhile life intervened and she was not going to be able to get it finished.  With the blessing of her client, she delivered this to me to finish quilting.  I think the transition is fairly seamless!  All the black sashings had been stitched in the ditch and the sashing detail work had mostly been quilted.  I needed to come up with a plan for the blocks and borders and presented a few ideas to the owner.  This quilt pattern is called "Focus Pocus" and is so perfect for showcasing these gorgeous oriental theme prints.  We opted to go with a large feather wreath and border design for the focus fabrics.  Glide "vegas gold" thread blened perfectly with the golds in those fabrics.  The owner is going to finish with the darker border fabric and black piping in the binding.  Sounds gorgeous!

 
Backside corner
 



 
 

Comments