Reflections on 2013

I did not get to work on as many of my UFO's as I had planned nor did I finish by Bali Wedding Star but it is on the long arm table, design board, sewing machine... just all over the place right now.   Maybe by the end of next week it will be a flimsy!  I did take several classes (maybe too many) this year offered through the 3 guilds that I belong to and NONE of them are finished.  I really need to stop juggling so many projects, it makes me nuts!  But when incredibly talented, nationally acclaimed teachers are scheduled for our guild meetings, I just have to participate.   Being in the Houston area, our guilds get some of the best.  Also, some of my most fun work is in custom quilting YOUR finished tops.   But this post reflects on my finishes, some that had been UFO's for years that I am especially happy to have gotten quilted and bound this year.

January I pieced and quilted Fracture, completed my Desert Sky top, pieced blocks into a string quilt and quilted it.





 
 
March I quilted my Desert Sky!

 
 


 
 
May I pieced and quilted Wonky Donkey for my soon to be grandson!
 




 
 
June I pieced and quilted my Jelly roll race quilt and pillowcase that went to aid tornado survivors in Oklahoma.
 
 

 
 
 
July I finished and quilted my old Red and Green sampler.
 
 



 
 
September saw the completion of my old Red and Green round robin!   I was very happy to finally have this one out of the bin and it adorned a round table for the holiday.
 



 
 
And November I pieced and quilted  "Goose On the Loose"
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
Not too bad for working full time, recovering from surgery AND subsequent allergic reaction to an injection in my knee, one son's major medical issues and all of the daily life events ups and downs.    I plan on 2014 having a longer list!

Comments

Nancy said…
You did well, even given the challenges you faced! Happy New Year.