Wonky Donkey off the frame!

This is such a cute little quilt!    The pattern layers 3 fabrics and you cut out "wonky" strips centered around a focal point.  The donkeys are so cute in their rain boots.

 
The neighbor's cat that thinks he lives at my house... Checking it out.
 
"Drip" hand guided pantograph
 














 


"grown up" fabric for the backing.  2 layers of batting, Hobbs 80/20 and Hobbs Wool.  Glide thread.   Pattern for wonky-donkey-2

My quilt blocks turned out OK, I would have preferred to have more fabric and been a little more selective with my cuts.   With a random cut square of fabric to begin with, it was difficult to get a fussy cut center.   Or if you did get a nice cut for the center area it left the outer strips (8 of them) not so precise.   I loved the pattern though and knowing what I know now... I want to play with this technique more.   I'm so glad I ordered the pattern, I thought I could wing it and create something similar but the pattern made it so much faster and I would have never thought of creating the blocks the way she set them up!

Comments

Nancy said…
The fabric print is humorous and delightful, and the quilting "drip" a good choice. Love looking at the backs of quilts. Neighborhood cat heard the word on the street- "QUILT!" So not just your cats are drawn to your quilts, but they come from afar. How like a cat!
Kate said…
Your quilt is wonderful! And I love the quilting - just perfect!