First Friday in March

Near the end of the day, I noticed many of the quilters at sew-in had projects on the wall so I took a few pics to document the progress!   Lots of talent in the group with a diverse set of projects going on.   Several people had already left for the day when I thought to snap a picture so not all projects are shown.   Some quilters even just stopped by to have lunch!    It's a fun day @ Quilters Crossing and I sure don't like to have to miss a Friday.   Here's a few projects that were still on the wall when I started packing up around 4:



My project... I just had to work on something new.   It's called "Summer in the Park" and you can find a you tube video showing you how make this with a jelly roll and 40 solids (or another jelly roll).    I love the framed squares style, the scrappy look and all the great quilting space when this one is finished.  Plus it is FAST and easy pattern so far.   Hmmm on the other hand I still have a zillion intersections to match up when I start joining blocks into rows and then setting all the rows!  Whew that will be a lot of intersections.   The following are other's projects and all so pretty! 
 




 
This quilt was the result of a "borders" class.  There are still a few more borders to be added. 
 
And finally, when I picked up Mick from Environmental Club... he had these little cuties that had started growing
 
 
 
Now, I'm ready to get a few hours of quilting done on on my Desert Sky.



Comments